Smart Start Central Oklahoma has teamed up with Bright by Text, a national parent texting program, to put FREE activities, games and resources directly into the hands of parents and caregivers, with content focused on prenatal through age eight. Messages are targeted to your child’s age and include information on child development, language and early literacy, health and safety, behavioral tips, and more.
Bright by Text messages:
- Are offered in English and Spanish
- Provide developmental education and guidance
- Include content from expert partners like PBS, Vroom, the CDC and Sesame Street
- Offer relevant information about local resources and events
- Link to a landing page with more learning materials, including short modeling videos and related books
- Are sent to more than 79,000 parents and caregivers nationwide
- Are for anyone and everyone who cares for and loves a child between the ages of 0 and 8 - parents, grandparents, babysitters, aunties, uncles, neighbors, friends, teachers, and more.
In addition, Bright by Text sends occasional messages about events and resources specific to Oklahoma County, like free library events, health clinics, and preschool open enrollment periods.
So, how can you get these awesome FREE tips? You can sign up online, or you can text SMARTSTARTOETA to 274448. You'll be asked for your cell phone number, your zip code, your preferred language and your child's birth date. You will receive 2 to 4 text messages per week, and each message includes a link to a landing page with more detail, short modeling videos, and links to related resources. Subscribers may opt out at any time. While there is absolutely no cost for enrolling, data and message rates may apply.
This service is provided free of charge thanks to generous support from donors and community partners of Smart Start Central Oklahoma.