Smart Start Central Oklahoma is always looking for dynamic people who want to help Oklahoma's babies, young children, and families!
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Development Director will plan, execute, and maintain a development and fundraising plan for SSCO; coordinate and execute annual campaigns; oversee the donor database; and coordinate all donor communications and outreach. This is a part-time position. Salary range: $22-$26 per hour.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive development plan in partnership with the board of directors and development committee;
- Communicate fundraising goals throughout the organization and equip the staff and board to reach them;
- Conduct regular outreach efforts to identify, engage, and secure new donors;
- Cultivate relationships with potential and current donors;
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations;
- Design and coordinate the execution of direct campaigns, such as through direct mail, email, social media, and events;
- Facilitate planning and execution of fundraising and friend-raising events;
- Develop additional giving avenues, including virtual, to meet annual fundraising goals;
- Ensure donor stewardship; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Public Awareness and Communications
- Work with SSCO marketing staff to develop, coordinate, and execute marketing material distribution and external communications;
- Participate in community meetings and events to promote the organization and early childhood issues.
Data Collection, Evaluation, and Reporting
- Strengthen donor database – track all donor interactions, ensure data is clean and organized;
- Prepare fundraising reports for staff, board members, and others as requested;
- Prepare regular reports on plan targets, future fundraising strategies and direction, etc.; and
- Provide staff support on board of directors’ development committee.
- Proven successful fundraising track record.
- Ability to maintain donor confidentiality.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Good PC and software application skills, such as desktop publishing, spreadsheets, database management, and evaluation software.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a competent and professional manner.
- Dependable transportation (regular travel to meetings required)
- Valid driver’s license
- Part-time position that requires some evening and weekend work
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA in communications, marketing, sales, community development, or a related field.
- Significant fundraising experience.
- Experience in a management or leadership position as well as experience working with a team or group to accomplish a goal.
Please send cover letter and resume to Shannon Dennis (email@example.com) by 5 p.m. on July 6, 2020.
Smart Start Central Oklahoma accepts 1-2 interns per semester. Interns may be at the undergraduate or graduate level. If you are interested in applying for an unpaid internship, please submit your resume along with a cover letter that includes your school name, the number of hours required, your career goals, and why you are interested in interning with SSCO. Applications should be emailed to Stacy Dykstra at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadlines are April 1 for the fall semester and November 1 for the spring semester.
We regularly welcome volunteers to help pack books and toys into Early Birds kits. Volunteers can be in small groups of 2-5 or larger groups up to 30. Volunteer opportunities are generally available in July, December, and February as we prepare for each new Early Birds season. For more information, please contact Kaitlyn Willit at email@example.com.